Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Turtle is Home Free


Crocodile Hunter Mark is finally home to rescue me.... ummm I mean the turtle :)






Mark seemed quite excited about him. Don't ya think.






We put him in our recycling bin since it is nice and tall
and didn't have to worry about him
poking his head up and snapping while we were carrying him to the "hidden pond" near our house. The title "Hidden Pond" is given by the South Western School District. They use it for field trips for the kids for science.




At the Gates of Home
See why it is the "Hidden Pond" it is completely surrounded by trees. Quite quaint. If I was a turtle I would live there.


He emerges and I think he knows where he is.




Under the fence he goes.
And...



He is off. And believe it or not he is moving quite fast. Especially since the old guy sat in just about the same spot in my garage allllll day long. (1130 am when I noticed him til about 630 pm)



Ahhh..




Almost there.....



WATER!


He is outta here.




Home, safe, and happy at last.

Good bye Mr. Turtle
Our parting is such sweet sorrow,
But I must bid you adieu....
Please don't come back again.

The kids were really excited and concerned about him all day. Of course Sofia my animal lover did not want him to go. She wanted to keep him. Mark was our (MY!) hero and I think really enjoyed his role today too. This is definitely a day I won't forget too soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im not sweating btw.. Chrissie sprayed me with the hose as i got out of my car.